You, the hirer, will be responsible for ensuring those attending your activity or event comply with the COVID-19 Guidelines while entering and occupying the Centre.
- You must not enter if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within 7 days of visiting these premises alert Test, Track and Trace. Alert the booking team on [email protected] and alert the organiser of the activity you attended.
- Maintain 2 metres social distancing when possible: Observe a one-way system to reduce risk.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on entering the premises. Clean your hands often. Hand-sanitiser provided.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or eyes. Clean your hands if you do.
- “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it”. Tissues should be disposed of into rubbish bags. Then wash your hands.
- Check the organisers of your activity have cleaned door handles, tables, other equipment, sinks and surfaces before you arrived. Keep them clean. We cannot ensure all surfaces at the Centre are cleaned between each hire.
- Take turns to use confined spaces such as corridors, kitchen and toilet areas. Standing or sitting next to someone is lower risk than opposite them. Briefly passing another person in a confined space is low risk.
- Keep the Centre well ventilated. Close doors and windows on leaving.
* Touch points – Door handles, light switches, window catches, toilet handles and seats, wash basins, kitchen sinks, water kettles.
** Subject to government guidelines
COVID-19 Treatment Plan
In the event of someone becoming unwell with suspected COVID-19 symptoms while at the Centre you should:
- Send them home immediately
- Ask other members of your group to provide their contact details if you do not have them.
- Ask the rest of your group to leave the premises, observing the usual hand sanitising and social distancing precautions.
- Advise them to launder their clothes when they arrive home.
- Inform the hall booking secretary on [email protected]
Or 0116 296 6444.
- If the unwell person needs to wait for a lift:
- Remove them to a safe waiting area away from other members of your group.
- Put on a mask/face shield/gloves to protect yourself.
- Once they have been collected:
- Remove gloves and face mask to the rubbish bag.*
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with warm soapy water.
- Wait for a member of the booking team to arrive.
- Once home, launder all your clothes and wipe down to disinfect your car.
*Note that the hirer must provide their own bin bags, with disposing of rubbish the responsibility of the hirer.
We will have the right to close the hall if there are safety concerns relating to COVID-19, for example, if someone who has attended the hall develops symptoms and thorough cleansing is required or if it is reported that the conditions above are not being complied with, whether by you, your attendees or by other hirers, or in the event that public buildings are asked or required to close again. If this is necessary, we will do our best to inform you promptly and you will not be charged for this hire.