Conditions of hire and information for hirers
The Nasihah Centre, Mayfield Road, Leicester. LE2 1LR
Booking Email: [email protected]
BY SIGNING THE BOOKING CONFIRMATION FORM, ALL HIRERS AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT IN THESE TERMS.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE ENTIRE BUILDING IS A NON-SMOKING AREA.
- The Centre may be booked for recurring or single lettings. Venue hire is charged by the hour or session (contact booking email for charges). The specified rates cover use of the rooms, kitchen, lavatories, garden, carpark and equipment.
- Hirers must be aged 18 years or over. If the event is to involve persons under the age of 18 years, the Hirer must give assurances that children under 18 will be supervised.
- No responsibility whatsoever can be taken for any ‘personal’ items left on the premises or any damage caused by them to the premises or any misuse of them by others.
- No charge is made for cleaning (unless agreed prior to hiring), provided that all facilities are left clean, tidy and in good repair, including the lavatories (as well as cooker and refrigerator if used). Any charges incurred due to breakages, poor cleaning, failure to replace furniture, etc. will be passed on to the Hirer or deducted from the deposit.
- No apparatus or equipment of any description can be left on the premises without the prior consent of the Centre.
The Centre is bookable by the hour.
The Centre will be open before the agreed hiring time at the discretion of the Centre, unless extra time is agreed by prior arrangement with the Centre.
DEPOSITS & CHARGES
- The Centre’s price list can be acquired from the Booking Team.
- For ‘one-off’ events a deposit of £50 is required. This is in addition to the Hire charge.
- Both the deposit and the hire charge must be paid at the time of booking and sent to the Bookings Department with the completed Booking Form. Public Liability is the responsibility of the hirer pro tem.
- For wedding receptions and evening parties, the deposit and rate are to be agreed separately with the Bookings Department.
- The deposit will be refunded after the event subject to a satisfactory inspection.
- Should a call-out to The Nasihah Centre be required as a result of a fault caused by the Hirer, a call-out charge will be deducted from the Hirer’s deposit.
- One- off hirers may cancel bookings by giving at least 72 hours’ notice.
- Recurring hirers may cancel bookings by giving at least 2 weeks’ notice.
- Cancellations made with less than 72 hours’ notice are liable to a payment of the whole hiring charge.
The Centre reserves the right to cancel any booking by giving notice in writing and returning the hiring charge and deposit, should the purpose of hiring the Centre be in any way improper or unauthorised, or should the building be required as a Polling Station, or in a case of force majeure.
The Centre reserves the right to end a long-term agreement with a calendar month notice.
Recurring hirers may end a long-term agreement by with a calendar month notice.
The Centre shall not be liable to pay to the Hirer any money/loss incurred by the cancellation.
GENERAL HIRING CONDITIONS
Responsibility for the premise’s rests with the Hirer during the period of access to the Hall. The hire period must include set-up and clear-up times. The premises must not be accessed outside of the agreed hire period and must be vacated promptly at the end of the hire.
No controls should be touched by anyone except a member of the Centre.
The Nasihah Centre reserves the right to enter the Hall at any time during an event if it has reason to believe there may be a problem, and to impose further conditions on the spot or curtail the event as it considers necessary for the welfare of guests or the safety of the building or the impropriety of use.
The current capacity of the main Centre is as follows:
- Meeting Room (The Ripon) – 5-10
- Large Room (The Mayfield) – 40
- Open Area (The London) – 20
HEALTH & SAFETY, LEGAL COMPLIANCE, INDEMNITY AND DISCLAIMER
It is the responsibility of the individual Hirers to ensure that they are aware of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to take reasonable precautions to ensure that their activities are carried out in a responsible way.
Users are expected to comply with all relevant legislation in respect of Trading Standards, Consumer Protection, Food Safety, Health and Safety and requirements of the Leicester Council Health, Safety and Environmental Health teams. Users may be inspected during the hire and those deemed to not comply with good practice and general safety requirements will not be permitted to continue.
Risk Assessment: All users are required to have carried out a careful assessment of the potential risks associated with their particular activity and may be required to submit a written copy of this upon request. Indemnity in signing the terms and conditions, users (subject to approval by An Nasihah) shall indemnify An Nasihah Educational Trust and all Centre staff from and against actions, costs, losses (including legal fees), claims or demands in respect of any accident, damage, death or injury to any person or property arising directly or indirectly from the user’s use of the centre. Hirers need to be aware that the Nasihah Centre site is shared with the Happy Little Hearts Nursery. Hirers should ensure that adequate supervision of children is in place.
Hirers must make themselves familiar with the location of the fire extinguishers and the instructions for use, ‘break-glass’ fire alarms, emergency exits and of the importance of fire doors. Hirers will be responsible for informing all those using the Hall of the position of the emergency exits. Hirers must also familiarise themselves with the instructions on what to do in case of fire. Instructions are displayed on the notice board in the Nasihah Centre.
External electrical equipment, fireworks, party poppers and candles are not allowed, either for internal or external use.
ACCESS FOR ALL
There is access into the building for wheelchair users into the building and a designated lavatory inside. Assistance dogs are welcome in the Nasihah Centre.
Visitors to the Nasihah Centre are asked to follow the parking recommendation in force at the time, bearing in mind that the Centre’s carpark can hold only 10 cars plus 2 spots for disabled badge holders.
Under the Food Safety Act 1990, it is the responsibility of persons providing food for any event held in the Centre to ensure that they are aware of and abide by the legal requirements. The Centre is not responsible for any food brought into the Hall.
Hirers are held responsible for adequate supervision of the premises and for use of the grounds by their own party during the period of hire and must ensure that fire exits and access to them are kept clear at all times.
Child Protection: It is the responsibility of the Hirer (under the Children Act 2004) to ensure the safety of all children at all times at any event. There is also a responsibility to safeguard vulnerable adults.
Hirers are responsible for the observance of the law regarding child protection, in particular that adults having continued and close contact with children or vulnerable adults should have undergone a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check.
CHECKLIST FOR HIRERS OF THE NASIHAH CENTRE
In order that the Hall can be kept in good condition for all, would Hirers please do the following at the end of each hire:
- Please ensure that the Centre floor is left in good condition (ready for the next user). Sweep or mop the floor to remove any crumbs etc.
- Make sure tables are clean before being put away and put away tables and chairs where you found them.
- Check that all taps in the lavatories and kitchen are turned off, make sure the lavatories are clean and that any cups, plates etc. that you have used are washed, dried and put away.
- The Hirer must provide their own bin bags, with disposing of rubbish the responsibility of the hirer.
- Please note any comments you may have via email to: [email protected]
- When you leave, check that all fire doors are closed.
- Switch off all the lights you have put on.
- Lock any outer doors that have been opened.
Your deposit will be forfeited if the Conditions of Hire have not been met.
Thank you for your cooperation.
This privacy statement sets out how The Nasihah Centre (TNC) use and protect any information that you provide as part of your involvement with this organisation.
TNC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
TNC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should occasionally check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st February 2019
- WHOSE DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We hold data on those who have given or might give financial or other support to TNC e.g. members, potential members, guests at events and funders/sponsors.
- WHAT WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following information:
- contact and demographic information including email address
- your connections to other organisations and people (e.g. your employer) and your job title
- your contacts within The Nasihah Centre
- details of your membership to TNC
- records of your interactions with TNC for example: attendance at events, reminder and thank you notifications or other information we have sent you
- WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will process your personal information for our legitimate business and charitable interests which include some or all of the following:
- Managing your membership;
- Notifying you of changes to our services
- Sending communications which you have requested/maybe of interest to you
- To seek your comments/views on our services
- Internal record keeping
- Recording of area of work to assist with our ability to target in our circulation of information
- To undertake statistical analysis e.g. geographic reach.
To send you e-bulletins:
- To promote our aims, publicise our events and services and, provide updates on local, regional and national community education/development matters.
- To occasionally contact you about the work of the Centre. You will always have the ability to decline future contact.
To send you invitations:
- To invite you to events that we think may be of interest to you.
- BASIS FOR PROCESSING THIS INFORMATION
The Nasihah Centre relies on its legitimate interest to process information on its stakeholders, members and their contacts, as all have expressed an interest in our activities by either becoming an affiliated member or attending TNC events and supporting our annual general meetings.
For email communications, we will obtain and record explicit consent, which you can withdraw at any time by contacting us using the details below.
- RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We will not retain your information for longer than is necessary. This will normally be for a maximum of one year after our relationship with you has ceased although we are occasionally required to hold data for longer periods for specific programmes or financial administration.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
- YOUR RIGHTS
The law requires us to tell you that you have a variety of rights about the way we process your data.
These are as follows:
- Where our use of your data requires consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
- Where we rely on our legitimate interest to process data, you may ask us to stop doing so.
- You may request a copy of the data we hold about you.
- You may change or stop the way in which we communicate with you or process data about you, and if it is not required for the purpose you provided it, then we will do so.
- If you are not satisfied with the way we have processed your data then you can complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
- You can ask us to remove you from our database at any time by emailing [email protected], by writing to us at the address below or calling us on 0116 296 6444.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write to:
The Nasihah Centre
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Get In Touch
Location: Mayfield Road, Leicester, LE2 1LR
Telephone: 0116 2966 444
Email: [email protected]